We watched this movie yesterday, me and the boys. It was truly a kid movie. Very Disney I might add. A tad disappointing for me but as long as the boys were entertained and had fun, that was all that mattered. Anyway, the story still revolves around Dusty and in this film, his character experiences a crisis and he had to deal with it. There were very minimal laughs (not as much as let’s say, Wreck-It Ralph), a touch of romance and action scenes that involved putting out fires. It was a good movie in that it taught kids many things, mainly:
1. We should take care of nature because even if it’s not directly our fault (like when lightning starts forest fires), we still lose a lot when forests are damaged.
2. When we are experiencing a crisis, big or small, we should be brave, face it headlong and ask help when necessary.
3. Family and friends (true ones) will always have your back.
4. Just because you are trying something new doesn’t mean you will fail at it.
5. Sometimes, stepping out of your comfort zone can give you a different perspective in life. Who knows, you might enjoy it. :)
So, if you want a spectacular movie that moves mountains, don’t watch this. But if you want to bond with your kids over a cartoon, then this will do. I give it a 3/5 rating just because I can. :)